- Though SuperDuper and Carbon Copy Cloner are my favorite drive-cloning tools, a third backup app, Econ Technologies’ $40 ChronoSync (4.5 mice) earns an honorable mention here.
- May 29, 2020 Acronis Ture Image 2020 is among the best hard drive cloning software for Mac that duplicates your entire data and makes MacOS bootable on your new hard drive. You can use this cloning app to migrate to a new Mac computer or to clone the entire hard drive to an external HDD and have a bootable copy of the hard drive.
Our personal and professional data stored in Mac, if lost, can cause serious financial & emotional damage. There are many scenarios which can lead to such data loss; some of them include accidental deletion, hard drive failure, etc. In order to prevent such mishaps, you need to regularly backup your Mac storage drive.
Jun 26, 2020 Disk Utility is free and included with every copy of the Mac OS. And while the various cloning apps have a lot more features, if you don’t have access to third-party apps, using Disk Utility will create a perfectly usable clone, although it may require a few more steps and lacks some nice features, such as automation and scheduling. AOMEI Backupper is a disk cloning utility that's free to download and use. A key feature of the software is the ability to clone a large disk to a smaller SSD drive. Sectors and partitions are. Jun 13, 2020 The Best Freeware Clonezilla is the Godzilla of cloning software, and the best thing ever invented in the backup software niche, due to the fact that it’s absolutely free of charge, which makes it hugely popular in Nerd World. This free and open source cloning software also allows disk imaging and is incredibly light on resources.
Acronis True Image has an anti-ransomware feature that detects, and can even reverse the unauthorized encryption of a hard drive to keep data safe from this increasingly prevalent type of attack. This function allows you to transfer all the information (including the operating system and installed programs) from a small hard disk drive to a large one without having to reinstall and reconfigure all of your software. But you can only create one clone on a disk, and it won’t capture changes to your data unless you make a new clone. May 29, 2020 Acronis Ture Image 2020 is among the best hard drive cloning software for Mac that duplicates your entire data and makes MacOS bootable on your new hard drive. You can use this cloning app to migrate to a new Mac computer or to clone the entire hard drive to an external HDD and have a bootable copy of the hard drive. How To Clone A Hard Drive To Ssd Using Acronis True Image Hd For Mac With Acronis True Image, you have the benefit of disk backup and disk cloning tools, includingflexible scheduling options, incremental imaging backup, the ability to choose what files and programs are backed up, and a host of choices as to where to store your cloned-disk image. Video guide on how to clone the contents of your Hard Drive to a smaller SSD (assuming there is sufficient space to hold all the data!) using Acronis True Im.
Having a backup of your data gives you peace of mind against sudden data loss and its consequences. Nevertheless, there can be many scenarios where you fail to keep a backup leading to permanent data loss. In such cases, only a professional Mac data recovery solution can help you recover your lost data
A data recovery software recovers lost files from any storage medium. The software scans the storage media and recovers your lost documents, PDFs, audio, video, emails, documents, etc. Let us look at the best free backup and data recovery software for Mac.
Free Backup Software for Mac
1. Time Machine
Time Machine backs all files, apps, music, photos, emails, and documents, etc. on your Mac. It is a built-in app on MacOS which when turned on, automatically backs up your Mac and performs hourly, daily, and weekly backups of your files in an external drive.
Best Free Cloning Software
- Inbuilt feature on Mac systems
- Automatic backup feature
- Backup scheduling functionality
Free Cloning Software Windows 10
2. Stellar Drive Clone
Stellar Drive Clone can clone and create a disk image of your Mac hard drive, SSDs, partitions and external hard drives. This way, it allows you to take backup of all your important files and folders. You can use this clone of your hard drive as a backup to protect you against various data loss scenarios. The software can even clone encrypted hard drives and volumes and ensure backup of your most sensitive files.
It is one of the most comprehensive backup software, which supports multiple file systems and provides complete disk utility features, including resizing of drive volume. A complete list of features is listed below:
- Clones Mac HD, Recovery HD and local volumes to any other storage medium
- Supports multiple file systems, such as HFS, HFS+, FAT, and ex-FAT
- Creates snapshot of your hard drive surpassing any bad sectors and unused file space.
- Restores Mac HD or HFS volume to their original state
- Allows you to create a bootable disk image
Free to download – Evaluate features such as, Cloning, Imaging, Restore, etc.
Paid version: $39
Backblaze is a cloud backup solution provider which backs up your files in its secure servers. You also have the option to schedule backup and set an upload limit. If you need to restore these files later, you can easily download them from the Backblaze’s website.
- Keeps old and deleted files for 30 days
- Option to increase the backup limit for up to 1 year (with additional charge)
- Automatic backing up of all data
- Back-up scheduling feature
- Can locate your lost/stolen Mac
Free download. 15 days of free trial.
Paid versions: $6 (monthly), $60 (year), $100 (2 year)
Dropbox is a secure storage platform which stores all your valuable info at one place. It offers flexible storage plans and is a global leader in sharing & storage systems. A cloud platform, The software allows faster access, storage, and retrieving of data. You can manage your files on the go and the files can be accessed from any device.
- Easy recovery of deleted files and restoration of previous file versions
- Can access any device
- File sharing
- Offline backup and recovery
- Third party integration with over 300,000 connected apps
- Remote wiping feature which allows you to wipe data from stolen/lost devices
Free download. 30 days Free Trial.
Paid versions: $12.50 per month (standard) and $20 per month (advanced)
Free Mac Data Recovery Software!
A data recovery software rescues your lost data in no backup scenario i.e. when you had failed to back your data. The list below demonstrates the top free Mac data recovery software.
1. Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac
Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac offers a free data recovery software for macOS, which recovers all types of files such as documents, folders, photos, videos, audio, etc. from all kinds of storage devices, such as Mac hard drives, external hard drives, memory cards, SSD drives, SD cards, etc. The software is designed to recover files from all loss scenarios.
The software scans your Mac systems, previews the lost files, and allows you to recover up to 1 GB of deleted data.
- Recover lost or deleted documents, photos, videos, audio, email & more
- Preview before you recover
- Intuitive interface, which is easy-to-use.
- Save up to 1GB of deleted data with the Free version.
- Offers Professional version for unlimited and advanced recovery
Free version offers scan, preview and recovery of up to 1GB of lost data.
Professional version: $79.99
Free Mac Cloning Software
Click on the button below to download the software for free.
2. Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is designed to recover files seamlessly on your Mac systems. The software comes with additional features, which enables you to also recover archived, hidden, and compressed, or encrypted files.
- Supports a wide range of file formats and systems on your Mac system.
- Additional tools such as diagnostics, cleanup, duplicate finder, etc are also offered.
- Offers multi-level scans
- Sleek user interface with a preview feature.
AnyRecover is an advanced data recovery software, purpose-built to recover lost or deleted files from multiple data loss scenarios. The new version of the software also supports Mac Recovery with MacPE bootable media.
- Recover more than 1000+ file types on Mac with a single click
- Access multi-level scan features
- Recover from all loss scenarios such as emptied trash, corrupted device, partition error, etc.
- The tool supports APFS encrypted hard drive with password
- Get free technical support and lifetime free updates with the Pro plan.
Acronis True Image Clone
PhotoRec is a free data recovery tool, which recovers photos, files, videos and other files. The open-source tool also has a diagnostics feature, which scans the corrupted file and recommends if restoration is possible.
Can You Clone A Mac Hard Drive With Acronis
- Open Source software which is completely free
- The file diagnosis feature checks the device sector by sector.
In this blog, we looked at various free data backup and recovery software for Mac, which can protect your data against accidental loss, hardware/software crashes, virus attacks, etc. The first defense is backing up your data, so that you don’t lose your valuable info, even if there is fatal damage to your Mac device. In case of no backup, a data recovery software can come to your rescue by recovering your lost data from a variety of loss scenarios. Stellar Drive Clone and Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac are highly recommended products, which provide comprehensive and effective data backup and data storage services, respectively.