Dec 07, 2021 Hp Color Laserjet Cp1215 Printer Drivers For Mac Os X; HP Color LaserJet CP1215 Printer drivers, free and safe download. Windows XP x64, HP LaserJet Pro CP1025 Driver Windows Download 6.9 MB The HP Print and Scan Doctor was designed by HP to provide users with troubleshooting and problem solving features, needed to resolve many common problems.
In 2009 I got a HP Color LaserJet CP1215. Unfortunately this printer is not compatible with OS X. Three years ago I managed to install the printer by using open source tools and drivers. However, since I got a new MacBook Pro I needed to reinstall the printer and, of course, some things changed.
In order to remember the stuff I just did I will now shortly describe the process. However, I will not provide support if you struggle installing the printer.
Hp Color Laserjet Cp1215 Driver Mac Catalina
If you upgraded to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and your printer stopped working please see the update at the end of this article.
- You need GCC to compile C code. In my opinion the best way to get GCC is to install Xcode from the Mac App Store. In Xcode you have to install the Command Line Tools (Preferences > Downloads > Components).
- You also need Homebrew to install some libraries.
- Open a Terminal window and install
- Download and install Ghostscript, Foomatic RIP and HIPJS for Mac OS X.
- Open the CUPS web interface: http://localhost:631
- Add a printer by clicking on Adding Printers and Classes and then Add Printer. Enter your Mac OS X user name (must be an administrator) and your password.
- Select the printer (I connected the printer to my AirPort Express and it showed up in the list automatically) and click the submit button.
- Enter a name and description and submit the form again.
- Select HP
- Select HP Color LaserJet CP1215 Foomatic/foo2hp (en)
- Click on Add Printer
- Set Color Mode to Color and Bits Per Plane to 2 Bits Per Plane. Submit.
Update August 26th, 2012: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
When I upgraded to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, the printer stopped working. However, I could easily resolve this by repeating steps 4 and 5. I did not uninstall anything, I simply downloaded the latest version of Ghostscript, Foomatic RIP, HIPJS and foo2zjs.